Thursday, April 10, 2014

In Christ - I am the Temple of the Holy Spirit

I am the temple of the Holy Spirit...

I Corinthians 6:19,20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 

Whose Side Are You On?
Joni Eareckson Tada

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature.  They are in conflict with each other."                                                       Galatians 5:16-17

“Remember that old game of Tug-of-War?  Line up the strongest guys on your side, wait for the signal, then dig your heels in, strain hard, and pull till it hurts.

“I think of Tug-of-War when I consider the average Christian's daily experience.  It's like two forces that wrench you in a fierce contest of push-and-pull-the Holy Spirit pushes you up and the flesh pulls you down.  It's a constant struggle to crucify the flesh and keep walking in the Spirit.  To starve the old and feed the new.  To reckon yourself dead to sin and alive to God.

“And who wins?  It depends on whose side you choose to be.  In this contest you are either on one side or the other and never in the middle.  Every day you're either following the claims of your fallen nature or believing the promises of God.  Who prevails in this contest depends upon the attitude you adopt toward either side.

“Every moment of the day, each decision you make, every choice and every thought is a chance to crucify the old and encourage the new.  Remember, you can't be neutral; you can't remain in the middle.  You are either walking in the Spirit or you're not.

“Lord, as I begin this day, I want to choose You and Your promises.  As each hour, each moment passes, help me to keep choosing to walk in Your Spirit and thereby starve the desires of my sinful nature.  I praise You for the difference You will make in my life.”

We see a lot of women who say that they are Christians – but they’re really struggling with their sexuality, and have been unable/unwilling to submit that area of their life to the Lordship of Christ.  They all say the same thing – they feel so far from God. Most of them have stopped going to church – because they know what they’re doing is wrong.  Others go, but feel empty and distant from the fellowship of the saints.  When we ask them why they think that is they seem to be clueless!  We explain that they’re in a battle for their spiritual life!  They’re playing tug of war with God – and they’re on the losing side!  He will never let them rest in sin – if they are truly His children – and they’ve come to Him on His terms – then the Holy Spirit resides in their heart – and they can never be at peace when they’re choosing sin over submission.  I know – I’ve been there myself.  God never stopped tugging – and I eventually lost my battle and “let” Him win.  I surrendered – and submitted – and my relationship with Him was restored and renewed.  Choosing to change sides isn’t easy – there are so many enticing opportunities on the other team’s side – but I know from experience that there can be no peace for me there.  How ‘bout you?   Whose side are you on today?  Sharon

Silent Voices International
355 K Street, Suite H
Chula Vista,  CA  91911
619-422-0757
svoices@pacbell.net

www.silentvoices.org

No comments:

Post a Comment