Thursday, April 10, 2014

In Christ - I am always in God's thoughts

I am always in God's thoughts...

Psalms 139:17,18 How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with You. 

Isaiah 49:15-16 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!  See, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands; your walls are ever before Me."  

Jeremiah 29:4-13 Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, to all who were carried away captive, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem to Babylon; “Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit.  Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters - that you may be increased there, and not diminished.  And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the LORD for it; for in its peace you will have peace.  For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed.  For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the LORD.  For thus says the LORD: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional
April 13, 2011

Will God Give Up On You?

“I grieve to think how I treated my friends when I was in the hospital.  They would sit by my bedside while I lay there in stubborn silence.  They would bring magazines, and I would shrug my shoulders, saying I wasn't interested.  My friends would offer to wheel me outside, but I would reply, ‘No, I'd rather sit here in front of the television.’

“I'm sure that I provoked a lot of exasperation in some of my friends.  A few stopped coming around, and who could blame them?

“We sometimes feel that way about God.  Deep down we know we probably provoke Him with our sloppy prayers.  We feel that He must be peeved with our ho-hum approach to Bible study.  We're certain that He's irritated with our sins and annoyed with the constant ups and downs of our spiritual walk.  God, we sadly assume, must be exasperated to the point of giving up on us.

“If we are truly a part of God's family, we can be sure that He will love us through the tough times.  Children can be exasperating-even children of God-but the Lord will never forget us.  He will never give up on us.  Nothing, neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor sloppy praying, nor halfhearted Bible study will be able to separate us from God's constant and abiding love.

“In light of this, how should we then live?  It should humble us to think that God will not, even cannot, walk away.

“Lord, if anyone should be annoyed or provoked, it should be me with my halfhearted approach to prayer and Your Word.  Forgive me when I grieve You, my Friend.”

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

What a comfort to know that God doesn’t get fed up and write us off!  Even when we’re at our worst, He is thinking about us, working situations and circumstances in our lives as a means of redirecting our paths back to Him.  I love what Joni said – “It should humble us to think that God will not, even cannot, walk away.”  He CANNOT walk away.  He CANNOT stop thinking about you.  He CANNOT stop loving you!  If you’re His child, it’s for keeps – forever – for always – and no matter what – you are HIS.  He will do everything within His power to woo you back into the intimate relationship you were made for.  He is always thinking about ways He can show you how much He loves you.  He’s CRAZY about you – His love for you is high and wide and deep and inexhaustible!  He can’t WAIT to have you back with Him – so until then, know that you are always in His thoughts!  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment