Thursday, May 3, 2012

In Christ - I am an ambassador for Christ

I am an ambassador for Christ...

II Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 

Daily Word - Jack Graham
August 30, 2011

“If you look back over the history of the United States, whenever the U.S. was in a tense situation with another country, the President would almost always send an ambassador to try and make peace with the other country. Sometimes it would be a close advisor or the Secretary of State, but someone had to go and represent the interests of the country.

“Now, it is absolutely imperative if the President is going to send representatives to Iraq or any other nation of the world, especially when there is a great amount of tension, that he choose the right ambassador. That ambassador must best represent our nation’s interests when it comes to bringing reconciliation between the U.S. and its enemy.

“When the Bible speaks in today’s passage about you and I being ambassadors, it means we carry the authority of God when we seek to bring reconciliation in the world. We’re God’s representatives living in enemy-occupied territory. So Jesus gives you and me the privilege of helping make peace with the world on God’s behalf by sharing the news of what Christ did on the cross.

“We have a tremendous responsibility to represent our President (God) to the world. So as you live your life, remember who you represent and your mission to bring His peace to those who are far from Him.

“THE BIBLE SAYS THAT IN CHRIST, YOU REPRESENT GOD ON EARTH AS HIS AMBASSADOR. SO AS YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE, REMEMBER WHO YOU REPRESENT AND THE WORK YOU SHOULD BE ABOUT!”

Over the years I’ve acquired a wardrobe of pro-life/biblically themed t-shirts, and I wear them often.  Some of them get more reaction than others – and I’m often surprised by comments people make because I’ve forgotten what’s on the back of my shirt.  AND – because I’ve been in ministry for so long, and have spoken at so many churches in the County and met so many people, I’m often approached by someone who’s met me or remembers me from somewhere.  Both scenarios make me think about how I’ve been acting – have I been a good representative for the Lord – or have people seen my flesh in action?  I remember walking into a 7/11 several years ago – it was in a part of town I rarely go to – but I was thirsty and wanted something to drink, so I stopped in and picked up a diet Dr. Pepper.  When I walked up to the cash register, the guy behind the counter greeted me by name.  It was kind of freaky!  I remember thinking at the time that it was a really good thing I wasn’t in there buying beer or cigarettes, hoping no one would recognize me in an out-of-the-way neighborhood store!  I’m really careful, now, about where I go – what I buy – and how I act – because people are watching, and I’m a representative of Jesus!  I want to be sure that I accurately and correctly reflect Him everywhere I go.  That means there are places I can’t go – things I can’t buy – and I have to be mindful and aware of who I’m representing every time I walk out my front door.  Being an “ambassador” – whether it’s for the United States – or the Lord – is a full time responsibility.  It’s every day, all day – not 9-5, Monday – Friday.  Ambassadors are called upon at all hours of the day and night – and they better be prepared to handle whatever situation comes their way.  Something to think about the next time YOU walk out YOUR front door!  Sharon

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment