Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Christ - I am at peace with God

HI, friend!  I know it’s been several weeks since I sent a devotional to you – I’ve been to Israel and back during that time!  I hope you missed hearing from me!

I am at peace with God...

Romans 5:1,2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Psalms 29:11 The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace. 

Psalms 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD will say; He promises peace to His people, His saints--but let them not return to folly. 

Psalms 119:165 Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble. 

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. 

Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, Who has compassion on you. 


KPRZ Encouragement for Today Devotions
March 7, 2012
How Do I Let Peace Rule?
Samantha Reed
 

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts. Colossians 3:15 (NIV)

“No more able are we to drive the rain back into the clouds by holding hands to the sky...

“Or stretch a rainbow's colors wide by scurrying to grasp its tails...

“Or force the tides to retreat by running at the sea...

“No more capable of these feats are we, than to pursue and capture peace.

“Peace.

“That for which the world wars. Families crumble. People roam. That for which we compromise, and improvise, and televise: It's here... if only you race after it with your time, your money, your life.

“But for all our chasing, we never lay hold of peace. Not until we reckon with these nine words that beckon a stillness. A truth that causes shoulders to fall and jaws to relax. This scripture tells us there's peace a' plenty, free for all.

"’Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts’ (Colossians 3:15 NIV).

“If we're to find peace, we must become a pupil of He who is our Peace, Jesus Christ. He who is the Word. And this bit of Word, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts," is a fine educator.

“This truth teaches us to slow down. Those two strong words, "let" and "rule" mean to "umpire" our hurried heart. So when circumstances crumble and we worriedly scramble to right them, we are taught to pause and call our heart to peace. How do we do this? Through intimate knowledge of He who is our Peace.

“Christ is just, as Esther's courage and Haman's defeat reflects. (Esther 7)

“Christ redeems, as Job's great loss and even greater gain assures. (Job 42:7-17)

“Christ is trustworthy, as His promised resurrection proves. (Matthew 28:1-10)

“Christ controls the storms, as calmed winds and waves attest. (Mark 4:35-41)

“It will take time to teach our hearts to let peace rule. Umpires don't begin careers in the World Series. Indeed, umpires go through rigorous training and schooling. They must work for years in the minor leagues before even dreaming of the majors.

“We too must set our heart and mind to learning. A good place to start is with the minors. Calling our hearts to peace when running late, dinner burns, scrapes and bruises happen, and fender benders occur. This is our practice and preparation for when the doctor calls, the pink slip is given, the papers are served, and the accusations fly.

“We call our hearts to trust in He who is faithful to us in the small things, so we learn His character again and again. This gives our hearts the training needed to know He is trustworthy to us in the big things, the in-between things... everything.

“Each call leads to another, which leads to an eventual place of surety. A place where the chase ends. And peace begins.

“Dear Lord, You are our Peace. Teach me Your ways, direct me in Your truth. Help me relax my shoulders, loosen my tense jaw, calm my hurried heart. I want to know You more and more. In Jesus' Name, Amen.”

People all around you are seeking after peace.  Some will try to find it in a bottle – a pill – a new relationship – but we know that true peace is found only in Jesus!  I’ve tried some of the other ways to peace – and they may have helped for the moment, deep in my heart I was anything BUT peaceful.  The turmoil I felt as a result of being separated from God became unbearable – and there were times when suicide looked like a really good way out.  Praise JESUS I didn’t fall for that lie from the enemy!  I fell for Jesus instead!  Right into His waiting arms!  From that moment on I have experienced a peace that truly does “surpass understanding.”  That’s not to say that I don’t ever feel anxious – I do – but now I know I can turn to the One who died to make real – lasting – eternal - peace possible! When I do struggle I get deep into God’s word – because the mind that is steadfast will be at peace – that’s a promise!  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment