Thursday, July 5, 2012

In Christ - I am protected by God

I am protected by God...

Deuteronomy 33:12,27  About Benjamin he said: "Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between His shoulders."  The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, "Destroy him!"

Joshua 1:5-9 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go... Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

II Chronicles 14:11  Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, "LORD, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on You, and in Your name we have come against this vast army. O LORD, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You."  

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 

Page a Day Email Calendar - MYSTERIOUS WAYS
April 16, 2010

“I gripped the steering wheel, squinting at the dark, fog-covered road. I knew this route through the Nebraska Sand Hills like the back of my hand, but the fog was so thick I couldn’t pick out a single landmark. A sign jumped out of nowhere: WARNING, SHARP TURN. I knew the curve that came after it. And I knew I was going too fast. My pickup skidded out of control. Glass shattered. I flew through the air.

“When I came to, I felt cold prairie grass beneath me. Where am I? Where’s the road? I tried to sit up. A sharp pain ripped through my chest. I turned my head gingerly. Nearby, the outline of the truck was visible through the fog.

“I gritted my teeth and dragged myself toward the vehicle. Something told me that if I could just get back to my truck, I’d make it through this. A few yards felt like a thousand miles, but I made it and opened the door. The dome light went on. I pulled myself onto the passenger seat. That light filled me with peace. Lord, don’t let the light go out, I prayed, then drifted into unconsciousness.

“I woke up in the hospital, covered head to toe in casts and bandages.

“’You have a collapsed lung and a broken collarbone,’ a doctor said. ‘But you’re going to be all right.’

“The next morning, the sun shone through the hospital blinds and a breakfast tray stood by my bed. My uncle sat next to it.

“’You’re lucky, Mike,’ he said. ‘You know how deserted that stretch of road is at night. A woman driving by spotted a light and called the police. Your truck had skidded so far into the prairie, I don’t know how she even noticed it through all that fog.’

“’That was my dome light,’ I said. ‘It went on when I pulled open the door of the pickup.’

“’It couldn’t have been, Mike,’ my uncle said. ‘The crash threw the battery twenty feet away.’

However You did it God, thank You for saving me.”  Mike daly

WOW!  The Light of the World was right where this man needed Him to be in his hour of need – what an amazing testimony!  I know that there have been MANY times when the Lord’s presence has protected me  - maybe not as dramatically as Mike’s story – but just as miraculous.  God is always watching out for us – no matter where we are or what we’ve gotten ourselves into, He is there.  He may not always protect us from all harm – but even then it is mitigated by His grace, and it’s always for our good and His glory. TRUST Him– and carry on!  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment