Monday, August 1, 2011

In Christ - I am a Friend of God

"You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me." John 15:14, 15 "On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side."Mark 4:35

"Jesus

"It's so important to see Jesus Christ as your friend. John 15:5 says, "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."
 "Jesus
wants to be a part of your life. He likes to be involved in what you're involved in. (I also think a lot of us would get in less trouble if we realized that He is right there with us, wanting to be involved). Our whole outlook on life would be different if we took the time to realize that Jesus is with us. He loves to be with you. He loves to speak to your heart. He loves to hear the frustrations, the pains and set-backs, and the loneliness and emptiness that you feel. And He wants to respond to your needs. He loves you to be honest with Him, and He promises to share His heart with you. So take the words of Jesus to heart and go with Him wherever He is going."
Mike McIntosh - Today's Devotion - June 23, 2011
I don't know about you - but the thought that I'm GOD'S friend is a little hard to comprehend! I mean - really - the God who created the universe is my FRIEND? Yes, He's Lord - Master - Creator - King of kings - but He's also friend - lover of my soul - my confidant - my comforter. He deserves my obedience - and He longs for my fellowship. HE wants to spend time with ME?! What does that say about my value - my worth? If GOD sees me as His friend, then I must have great worth and value! And so do you, my friend "in Christ!" Sharon
desires to be with you in everything you do. In fact, it may be better to say that Jesus wants you to be with Him in everything He does. That's the kind of love and compassion that Jesus has for you. Notice that Jesus didn't egotistically say, "I'm going to the other side, so hurry it up and come with me." He gently and lovingly said, "Let us cross over." There's a sense of togetherness that He is conveying here. So many times we either get ahead of the Lord or we get behind Him, and what He wants is for us to be alongside of Him. He's asking His disciples--and you--to be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment